Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boots and Gangsters.

Mikey has a pair of bright blue Thomas the Train snow boots. He has never been much into Thomas, but he loves trains. So last winter, he wore the blue boots every day. Summer came and he still wants to wear the boots, every day. They are way to small and its about 100 degrees outside, but still, they are the only shoes he will wear.




So this summer, after much anticipation, I finally bought mikey a new pair boots. Lightening McQueen is mikey's idol. He eat's, sleeps, and breaths Lightening McQueen. I got a pair of bright red boots. He LOVES them. I am so excited to get rid of the STINKY blue boots. So imagine my suprise when I come down the hall and see this.



The boots live on!!!!!!!


Mikey got a bike for his third birthday in august. He love it. It's red and blue and he has a matching helmet, gloves, and knee and elbow pads. He rides it pretty good on the side walk, but gets scared anywhere else.









There are about 10 other kids who live in our neighborhood and like 8 of them are boys. They are anywhere between 6 and 11 years old. Everyday Mikey looks out the window and asks " I go play with my friends mom?" Who can say no to that? However, he is not big enough to play in the street. Yesterday all his friends are riding there bikes in the street and Mikey wants to go SOOO BAD! After like 10 minutes of pathetic begging, I agree to get his bike and take him to ride with his friends. Mind you, he is so excited to ride with the big boys that he cant even petal. I am just pushing him down the street on his bike while he is laughing. Around the corner comes this entourage of bicycles, and he gets more excited. All the boys pull up around us and are saying" Mikey, your riding your bikes with the big boys." Out of the blue, they all start laughing and making these faces and throwing up these signs. All of a sudden, I feel like saying," I hear your gangster, I'm pretty gangster myself" They are soooo cool.


I know that was kind of a random blog, but that is a day in my life. Sometimes my kids say and do the funniest things.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That....quite possibly is the cutest thing ever!! Are those kids throwing up WESTSIDE??!!?? I can't believe it....they really are your kids!

hahaha....made my day!